Understanding the DoD 8570 Directive
Update: The Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) has been added to the list of DoD 8570 IA Workforce personnel. Interested in Hacker Training? Click here for more info.
The Department of Defense (DoD) is currently undergoing an organizational process involving Information Assurance (IA) standardization. All DoD workers who perform IA functions are being designated as IA Workforce personnel and will be required to meet the standards described in DoD 8570.01-M with regard to their particular functions.
DoD 8570 seeks to accomplish the following objectives:
- Create standards whereby IA Workfoce personnel, at all levels and fuctions, obtain a uniform level of competency with regard to DoD information and networks
- Establish a minimum skill level for all IA Workforce personnel throughout the DoD
- Provide qualified IA Workforce members to the soldiers that need them
- Creation of a set of formal training requirements and establishment of certification programs
- Add to the knowledge base of every IA Workforce team member through education or experience
*New* Looking for info on the average salary of cyber security jobs? TrainACE has released a free white paper with insight about what jobs in the cyber security field will pay the most. There are various factors that go into determining pay, such as location, company size, and other factors. Get the white paper here>>
For more information from the Information Assurance Support Environment (IASE) website in the form of a MS Word document Click Here .